Mexican Wedding Cakes
Makes 3-5 dozen
- 3/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup ground blanched almonds and hazelnuts, combined
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Cream together confectioner's sugar and butter. Add vanilla, cinnamon and ground nuts. Knead in flour by hand until completely mixed. Wrap and chill dough for about an hour. Line doubled up baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Roll out dough to one-inch thickness. Cut into 1 inch pieces, and roll quickly and gently into a ball. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Bake for about 15 minutes.
When baked, dip or roll in confectioner's sugar. Store airtight in layers with waxed paper in between.
Recipe by Marcy Goldman - Kosher Cuisine with Marcy Goldman
Everyone has a version of this mouth-watering cookie that comes from south of the border. These are perfect.