New Product – Rumford Reduced Sodium Baking Powder

Rumford Reduced Sodium Baking Powder

Rumford

Clabber Girl launches healthy baking alternative

in Rumford Reduced-Sodium Baking Powder
Holiday baking doesn’t have to be off limits for those with health issues

As more Americans work to limit their sodium intake, they find an increasing number of low-sodium cooking products on the shelves. But those who want to make low-sodium baked goods have struggled to find the ingredients they need.

Until now. Long known by health-conscious consumers as a trusted source of baking ingredients, Clabber Girl’s Rumford brand now offers a reduced-sodium baking powder that’s guaranteed to produce light and fluffy cakes, breads, pancakes and more. It contains 52 percent less sodium than leading brands.
Rumford Reduced Sodium Baking Powder

Download Press Release

REVIEWS FOR RUMFORD REDUCED SODIUM BAKING POWDER -

An article in the Miami Post – Cook’s Corner, mentions using Rumford in Cheddar Biscuits

Great review from gottheknack – at http://gottheknack.blogspot.com/2011/08/bake-up-healthier-treats-with-rumford.html .

Comments

• Margo Dextraze Cordova MSN RN CNS says:

As a nurse I work with HF patients. I am always looking for low Sodium recipes. Please forward any you might have to share with my patients.

• Louise says:

In many baked goods, if you beat the whites of the eggs called for in the recipe and fold them into the rest of the batter, you can omit the baking soda or powder. You can add an extra egg white for more lift. I also leave out the yolks to cut cholesterol with no adverse effect. This works especially well with cookies and I recently had success with muffins. The Joy of Cooking has a brownie recipe with no baking powder or soda, which depends on eggs for lift. The brownies are very good. I also use no-salt (potassium chloride) or Lo-Salt instead of regular salt. It works best in cooked food.

• Nancy says:

Having used original Rumford baking powder for 30 years, I recently purchased a 4oz can of reduced sodium Rumford baking powder, mainly because I liked the smaller can size. I have been very disappointed in the end result of the baked goods after using this low sodium baking powder. The “marketing pitch” assures a light & fluffy baked good but my cake was dense and pancake batter remained “runny” and rose very little once on the griddle. I will not buy the low sodium baking powder again.

• Rumford Reduced Sodium Baking Powder is available at most major grocery stores throughout the United States, including your local Wal-Mart Supercenters. Thanks for inquiring about our products!

Pam

• Ray Owen says:

Who stocks the low sodium baking powder in cleveland, Ohio

• charles meyer says:

where in the 48750 zip code area can I purchase rumford reduced sodium baking powder ?

• Rumford Reduced Sodium Baking Powder should be available nationwide at Wal-mart stores. it is also in many major supermarkets throughouth the U.S.

• Vanessa Pry says:

I am a food technologist and avid home baker who has to watch my sodium and was very happy to discover the Rumsford Reduced Sodium Baking Powder a few months ago in Wal-Mart. As a food technologist I put it through its paces and it has performed beautifully in everything. As a home baker I have been very proud to take all my baked good to any gathering and have recently used it as show and tell for my daughters dental hygienge college class when they had to present a before and after recipe that they made “healthy”. Thanks Rumsford. Vanessa Pry Mustang, OK

• RUTHM JACKSON says:

NEED LOTS OF IDEAS FOR LOW SODIUM.

• Pingback: Chocolate Deceit Muffins (Made with juice pulp! Gasp!) | Operation Rachel

• gwen martin says:

Any potassium in rumford reduced B.P? how much?
    Any phosphorus? how much?

• Gwen, yes, both are in Rumford reduced-sodium baking powder. There are 29.165 mg per serving of potassium, and 69.42 mg per serving of phosphorus. A serving size is considered 1/8 tsp.

Thanks for your interest!